Hours of operation: M-F 5am-8pm, Sat. 6am-6pm,
Family Wellness Center Members,
We are so thankful for our members who have utilized and supported the facility during our first phases of reopening. Beginning Thursday, October 1st, we will begin phase four. The facility will be open to our younger members once again! Anyone under the age of 16 MUST be accompanied by an adult AT ALL TIMES! All Covid-19 policies of masks, traffic flow, and social distancing are to be observed. Our nursery will remain closed. Due to limited space, scheduling is best for gymnasium, pool, and racquetball areas.
With our capacity having increased in the fitness room from 10 to 15 members there is no longer a need to make a reservation. However, the aerobics room will remain limited to 2 members. The pool area will remain reservation ONLY, all 6 lanes will be open for lap swim and our therapy pool will be available for up to 3 members, excluding Tues. & Thurs. from 8am-12pm, which is reserved for the OCH Rehab services. We have resumed a few of our group exercise classes. The schedule has been posted on social media with times. All CDC guidelines must be followed.
We ask that you wear a mask into the facility and in common areas and sanitize your hands upon arrival. All members must check in with a key tag at the front desk. Masks will be used at your discretion while working out. Social distancing must be maintained at all times, and members will be asked to follow a flow of traffic that is clearly marked. You will enter through the right side door. To exit, walk through the swimming pool area, through the male or female locker room, and out the front door.
Thank you again to our members for complying with our guidelines. By working together, we will remain open and eventually, prayerfully, get back to full functionality!
General Information concerning reopening:
1. If you have dropped a membership due to COVID-19, we will waive your initial fee to rejoin. We encourage you to renew online at www.ohiocountyfwc.com.
2. We ask that payments, when possible, be made online or via phone. Credit/Debit cards or auto-drafts may be set up and online signatures are encouraged for a paperless system.
3. During this time we will not be able to have 24hr access for members.
4. The nursery will remain closed.
5. No community swimming at this time, nor will we be able to schedule pool parties until further notice.
6. Continue to follow our instructors online for some great workouts.
7. We are encouraging online reservations for the Aquatics area. Swim times will be limited to one (1) hour. We will also take phone reservations. Walk-ins are welcome, but may have to wait for an opening. We can take your number and call or text for the next available slot.
8. When reserving your time, or upon your first visit back to the FWC, you must sign a waiver documenting your acceptance of requirements, rules and guidelines. If safety guidelines are not being followed, a staff member will issue a reminder and if you still do not comply, you will be asked to leave.
9. Locker rooms and restrooms are considered common areas. Follow the guidelines.
10. The juice bar will only sell pre-packaged items.
Guidelines for the Fitness Area (Capacity of 15 members):
1. Wash/Sanitize hands prior to working out. Respect social distancing at a minimum of 6 feet, or greater if needed, depending on workout exertion.
2. Hand towels (sweat) should be brought from home. We cannot provide them at this time.
3. All personal items must be in a gym bag or on your person during your workout.
4. Outside workout equipment should not be brought in, with the exception of yoga mats, which we will not be able to provide at this time.
5. Refrain from any lifting that would require spotting.
6. For social distancing purposes some cardio equipment has been closed, so please respect signage.
7. Our staff will be cleaning hourly in the fitness area. We ask that each member be responsible for wiping down each piece of equipment after use. Cleaner and paper towels provided.
8. Water fountains will be closed during this time. You are encouraged to bring a water bottle from home.
Guidelines for Aquatic area: (Capacity of nine (9) members in the aquatics area).
1. Small pool is available for up to three (3) members per hour. Hospital therapy has Tues. & Thurs. reservations from 8am-12pm. Therapists will remain outside the pool at all times.
2. Six (6) lanes are available in our large pool. You may reserve this for lap swimming for a maximum of one hour.
3. No lifeguard will be on duty.
4. Swimmers must be an adult or 16/17 and with an adult. Adults accompanying minors who wish to swim will need to book a time slot. Otherwise, non-swimming adults accompanying minors are to remain in the aquatics room maintaining proper social distancing.
5. Sauna is closed for now.
6. The showers will not be open.
7. Swimmers must bring their own towels as this service will not be available.
Guidelines for Aerobics room: (capacity of 2 members):
1. This room may be utilized by up to two (2) members as long as you follow social distancing guidelines.
2. Sanitize equipment after your workout.
We appreciate our members and we are so happy to be together again, but it is going to require an effort from all concerned to make this work. New information is presented daily, so this re-opening process will be ever changing. We welcome any suggestions from our members. Let’s work out in the safest manner possible and stay healthy!
FWC Management and Board of Directors
The mission at the Ohio County Family Wellness Center is to promote the wellness of mind, body and spirit for citizens of all ages by providing a facility for education, recreation and physical fitness, with a special emphasis on the needs of our youth.